Published on Tue, 09/06/2016 - 9:12am
GQF Box Brooders are designed to eliminate stress in young birds by providing plenty of heat, fresh air, light, feed and water space, and sanitary conditions, all within a confined area. Three clear plastic panels allow easy viewing of the brooder’s interior. Each brooder comes with three 28-1/2˝ troughs which can be used for either feed or water. Ample feed and water space allows access for weaker chicks, even in the presence of more dominant chicks. Any trough may be equipped with optional automatic watering to provide the large quantity of water necessary.
- Outside-mounted troughs so chicks don’t mix droppings into the food or water
- 300-watt heater provides sufficient heat while the vented plastic side panels keep out drafts
- Each heater has a socket for a low wattage attraction light bulb (with two bulbs included) to help keep chicks within the heated area
- Thermometer and wafer thermostat, accurate to within 1°F
- 1/2˝ mesh floor to allow easy pass-through of droppings
- Drop pans made of lightweight aluminum for long life
- Each side panel comes with an adjustable gate to regulate openings for chick size
- 32˝ × 38˝ × 12˝ dimensions
- Approximate capacity of 50 Chukar or Pheasants or 100 quail through week four, or 100 chicks through two weeks
Winning is easy!
All you have to do is fill out the form below and tell us in 25 words or less what keeping chickens means to you.